For optimal service and patient safety, we kindly ask for your cooperation in respecting the rules and visiting hours.
1) PATIENT ADMISSION FOR INTERVENTION/ SURGERY
The presence of one (1) and only companion during the patient’s admission process is permissible but then he/she must leave.
2) VISITING BEFORE SURGERY
The presence of one (1) and only companion is permissible half an hour (30’) before the surgery.
During surgery, escorts are allowed only on the Terrace of the ground floor.
3) MEDICAL UPDATES – VISITING IMMEDIATELY AFTER SURGERY
- The medical update takes place on the 1st floor upon invitation by the attending doctor through the Reception Desk.
- In regards to patients undergoing open heart surgery or coronary angiography / angioplasty and being transferred to the Intensive Care Unit, two (2) people per patient may visit for up to five minutes.
- In regards to patients undergoing coronary angiography / angioplasty and transported to a hospital floor, the visit takes place during the scheduled visiting time (18:00 to 20:00).
4) VISITING HOURS – TIMETABLE – UPDATES DURING HOSPITALIZATION
Intensive Care Units (ICU)
- Visiting hours: 13:00 to 14:00
- Only two (2) people per patient are allowed to visit for five (5) minutes.
- Updating escorts for the state of health of the hospitalized patients in the Cardiac ICU, is done by doctors of the ICU in the vestibule of the Cardiac Surgery Unit (1st floor), during visiting hours.
- Visiting hours: 18:00 to 20:00
- Guests stay in waiting areas and each time up to two (2) people enter the patient’s room.
- It is prohibited to import food (sweets, fruit, etc.), drinks and plants in a pot with soil.
- The entry of children under 12 years is prohibited.
- Patients are informed about their state of health by the attending doctors.
- If a relative wishes to meet with the doctor for further information, he/she should schedule a meeting through the Department’s secretariat. The meeting takes place at 13:00.
Escort’s Stay besides visiting hours
- Escorts stay besides visiting hours is generally not allowed.
- It is permitted only in special cases, on written authorization by the Nursing Service Department (tel. 210 94 93 310 or internal 1310).
Hospitalization of Children
- The stay of the hospitalized child’s mother is permitted 24 hours a day.
- Other relatives, however, shall respect the aforementioned timetable.
- To protect children from infections, the entry of visitors other than parents in the room is not allowed.
In order to assist the patient and for his/her convenience in handling all issues with the Admissions Office, the presence of only one (1) escort is allowed for half an hour prior to the estimated time of discharge.