During hospitalization of your child, you should be aware of the following:
- The maximum number of visitors should not exceed two (2) persons simultaneously. Only the parents should accompany children to prevent infections transmission.
- Do not bring any food for your child without first clearing it with the nursing staff. This request applies to all patient escorts or visitors. Remember that children in pre- or post-operative phase, as before or after cardiac catheterization are not allowed to feed freely.
- The nightstands beside the beds of children should be free from escorts’ personal belongings.
- OCSC allows the stay and overnight of an escort when the child is hospitalized in a ward but not during the child’s stay in the Intensive Care Unit. If you want to stay and spend the night next to your child, please notify Patient Admission Department. There are chairs and beds available. You can not use for your overnight stay the bed intended for your child or the adjacent bed.
- Limit phone use. Remember that every call disturbs not only your child but also other patients in the room.
- The toys in the playroom and the books from the lending library have been purchased with donations of other parents in the Department of Pediatric Cardiology. It is understood that children want to take the toys to their room or even at home. We fully understand. If your child cannot be separated from the game he/she took from the Onassis Cardiac Surgery Center, please replace it. For this purpose, please make contact with the Head of the 4th floor or with the Secretary of the Department.